Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-02-16-DDT-Musclemania] Shinya Aoki vs Pedro Takashi

aaeo_

Another stop in Aoki's strange pro wrestling career. This time, he's Pedro Takashi's retirement match in the weirdest show of the year. I have no clue who Takashi is but from what I gathered, he's a Muscle regular and his gimmick is doing capoeira. Aoki comes out in full judogi. Takashi is very middle-aged and he may look silly but he throws some really cool kicks. He never hits Aoki with them, but they were nice. Aoki beats Takashi down with soccer kicks and once he takes it to the ground, he starts going through submissions, which is something I would never get tired of. He takes the gi and chokes Takashi with it after being lightly grazed by a flip kick. I haven't yet seen Aoki's second match against HARASHIMA but this might be his best selling performance, he really sells Takashi's knee strikes like death, and then he catches a moonsault! Takashi misses a corner senton after getting Aoki back in the ring. The match gets more dramatic at this point, and Aoki shows more viciousness. He does a Gotch piledriver and he shrugs off a rolling thunder kick. Takashi's selling is great and you really want him to pull off this desperate comeback, but Aoki just keeps beating him down. He puts Takashi out with a rear-naked choke and then lightly sets him down on the mat and pins him, like a damn savage.

Worth a watch.

• GSR changed the title to [2019-02-16-DDT-Musclemania] Shinya Aoki vs Pedro Takashi