Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-03-30-CMLL-Juicio Final] Blue Panther & El Signo & Fuerza Guerrera vs Mr Niebla & Olimpico & Safari

ohtani's jacket

This was the pay-per-view match. Y'know, I'm not sure why this isn't talked about more. This was a really good trios match. Easily among the top handful of trios matches that CMLL produced in 2000-01.

I can't tell you how happy I am to see Signo and Fuerza showcased this way, especially Fuerza. It's clear from watching this that Fuerza was just as good as he was in the 90s. He'd just been lost in the CMLL wastelands for far too long. That happens to guys especially in a company with a large, revolving roster, and of course, Fuerza was one of the guys who jumped to AAA with Pena so you never know what his relationship with the front office was like. But finally, they gave him something to do and he took his opportunity and ran with it. Signo also looks super motivated to have landed this gig since we all know the Misioneros post-peak career wasn't exactly draped in glory.  Here he is back on the big stage, and I'm telling you, he can still go. Hell, this feud even lit a fire under Niebla and that's not easy to do.

There was an old-school feel to the opening caida with the old heads like Signo making sure this felt like a championship match and not the crash TV that was in vogue at the time. I impressed with the way they worked the finish to each fall. There were no generic finishes where guys walk into pinfalls or submissions. Each finish was laid out in a decisive manner. The first fall was an elaborate momentum reversal, the second fall was a stand and deliver fall, and the third fall was a big-time play. This was an action-packed trios match with a solid foundation. Never a dull moment, tremendous chemistry between the captains (I want a Panther/Niebla singles match), and a memorable finish/result. I hope the Panther/Fuerza/Signo band doesn't break up but I have a sneaking suspicion they stick Wagner in Signo's place. Let's see. 

• GSR changed the title to [2001-03-30-CMLL-Juicio Final] Blue Panther & El Signo & Fuerza Guerrera vs Mr Niebla & Olimpico & Safari