Pro Wrestling Only

[1979-12-04-NJPW] Tatsumi Fujinami vs Greg Valentine

Superstar Sleeze

Tatsumi Fujinami vs Greg Valentine - NJPW 12/4/79

One of the sad things about this world is that The Hammer didn't work Japan more. I just typed "Tatsumi Fujinami vs" into Google to see what cropped up and saw this and said Hell Yeah!

Dream Match totally lives up to the hype. Stiffness to the max. Tons of great cat & mouse spots. Both dudes are super motivated. Very energetic and urgent. Valentine brutalizes and works the leg. Fujinami dishes it out as good as he gets. I really love how Fujinami stands up for himself. Valentine does Timbahhh and isn't afraid to stooge. FUJINAMI DIVES ON VALENTINE!!! AAAAHHHHHHH!!! And we get a clean finish! 

My only complaint is that this didn't go longer! Humdinger of a match! ****1/4

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1979-12-04-NJPW] Tatsumi Fujinami vs Greg Valentine
  • 1 year later...

I was excited when I saw this matchup happened and it lived up to expectations. Fujinami is really versatile, combining matwork, highspots, and some fired up brawling. Valentine brings limbwork and stiffness. I thought there could be a clash in styles but they seemed suited to each other and this seems like it could have been a great rivalry.