Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-06-29-AEW-Fyter Fest] Joey Janela vs Jon Moxley

ShittyLittleBoots

The first half of the match was solid enough although it felt like more of your typical plunderfest. Thankfully Mox and Janela managed to crank things up to 11 with the barbed wire spots and table bumps. And while I've seen plenty of matches that use thumbtacks, I've never seen them used as creatively as they did here. Obviously the atomic drop on Janela's bare feet is what stands out the most, but the Deathrider finish with both guys landing in the tacks was almost as memorable. It also helps that Mox's offense has looked infinitely better since leaving the WWE and Janela played an effective, resilient underdog.

****1/4

Slow start but the plunder towards the end was great. The thumbtack spots were awesome, yes, but my favorite spot was probably the Russian Leg Sweep through the barb wire board. The sudden energy of it really stood out as opposed to the longer set ups of the others. Fun garbage match.