Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-06-23-OTT-WrestleRama 3] WALTER vs David Starr

SmartMark15

A more melodramatic take on the WALTER-Starr feud as compared to the more action sprint they ran at the 16 Carat Gold. Where Starr went with an unrelenting pace in the 16 Carat Gold, he's decidedly more cautious in this match. He chooses to take things slow, picking his shots, and then chipping away at WALTER's knees. The desperation and consistency with which Starr attacked the legs was really quite brilliant. I liked how Starr's attack and WALTER's selling progressed through the match with Starr getting small shots in, annoying WALTER, until he was all out battering the legs making WALTER limp. WALTER put in probably the best selling performance I've ever seen from him in this match, really putting over how badly Starr damaged the leg. I loved how the little shenanigans with Foxy built up through the match, first with the announcers reminding everyone that the referee has his discretion over the count (and thus the match). Then, turning into Foxy waving off what Starr believed was a tap out (this again connecting to how Starr tapped out WALTER in WXW while his foot was under the ropes). This then climaxes into the Eddie false finish, Devlin's run in, and Starr taking his eye off the ball. The finish might put off some but I enjoyed the shenanigans and the crowd got absolutely fired up for it. Honestly, felt like a great progression of this feud as the inevitable conclusion appears to be a three-way. This was great. 

****1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2019-06-23-OTT-WrestleRama 3] WALTER vs David Starr

The work on the leg was great and the selling was upto par. And they made great use of the false Starr win. I thought Starr went a bit over the top after the match by shouting at the ref. Just too corny for me although I get why they did it. I'm not sure how I'd compare it to their other matches but I did think it was far better than their earlier 16 Caret Gold match. ***3/4