Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-07-15-NJPW-G1 Climax 29: Night Four] Jay White vs Tomohiro Ishii

ShittyLittleBoots

White is such a good shithead & this is a very compelling story of that shithead getting his ass-kicked, and who better to do that said ass-kicking than the Stone Pitbull himself? White's work on Ishii's neck throughout is viciously awesome, Ishii's selling rules, as does his times on the offense punishing the former stablemate-turned-traitor of his. Very good match. ***3/4

White's gimmick of smartest counter wrestler in the game makes for some really compelling work? The man has turned lying down to avoid taking a spot a genuine signature heat-getting spot. That's fucking amazing. I love all his little heel work in the match from letting Gedo distract Ishii to ramming Ishii's brain into the post. Then you had some great New Japan style counter spots like Ishii going for a standing lariat, White sitting out and Ishii redirecting into a Sliding Lariat. Lost my mind for that one. This one was absolutely fantastic. Started slow but built into something really special, easily in my Top 3 matches of the G1 so far.

Yeah, I totally agree with SmartMark15 on this. Outstanding Ishii performance and a very, very good match overall. White was great, but seriously, Ishii looked like the biggest wrestling star in the world in this match. The crowd was 100% with him, once again. Really enjoyed this, and a top 3 match of this current G1 for me (just behind Archer/Ospreay and Yano/Naito, icyw).