Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-South TV Continuity Question (August 1985)

paul sosnowski

On August 10, 1985, Mid-South held a show at the Superdome headlined by Ric Flair vs Butch Reed, and Dick Murdoch challenging the Nightmare for the North American Title.    This was on a Saturday.   (I checked the 1985 calendar).

Their weekly TV show has the same date, assuming that their shows also aired on Saturdays.  Did it usually air on Saturday mornings?  Early afternoon?

The problem here is that on the 8/10/85 episode on the Network, which I also have an original copy, episode 309....has a breaking news update at the end of the show with Murdoch winning the title.   They showed footage of the title win.   I've checked on several websites for references, some other places list this as the August 8th episode, which was a Thursday, and definitely makes no sense.

So how could they have Murdoch's title win on TV if it happened the same day???   Was the Superdome show actually held on Friday night August 9th?  Every website says it was the 10th.    And the following week's show has full coverage from the Superdome show....

When Cornette discussed the Last Stampede program, he pointed out that they fucked up the timing of the shows in New Orleans, as the video announcing Stagger Lee as Watts' partner didn't air until the late afternoon the day of the show. So at least in '84, the show aired at around 5 or 6 pm. But they were also still bicycling tapes then--I feel like I've seen it discussed when Mid-South went to unified TV air dates but I can't remember where, and it may have been at KFM which is inaccessible now. 

• 3 weeks later...

i'm sure this has been explained somewhere, but here's the TV markets for the Mid South area

Shreveport/Monroe/Alexandra/Lake Charles/Lafayette/Baton Rouge/New Orleans

Oklahoma City/Tulsa (also maybe Lawton OK/Wichita Falls TX or Ada OK/Sherman TX, but those stations could be getting World Class)

Little Rock/Fort Smith

Jackson/Biloxi/Hattiesburg

so IIRC, the loop ends with Little Rock getting TV like a few weeks after it aired originally, but what was the sequence for the rest of that?

In retrospect, TV Guide's listing every wrestling show (especially territorial ones) as just "Wrestling" was not helpful for future research purposes.