Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-11-09-AEW-Full Gear] PAC vs Hangman Page

paul sosnowski

Decent match, but I think it was an inferior version of their Dynamite meeting a few weeks ago. Both guys have great offense but they really seem to struggle with heat segments (Pac) and comebacks (Page). That prevented this match from feeling like anything more than just two guys having a solid wrestle. No more, no less.

Oh, and it was at least 5 minutes too long. ***

It was better than expected but it still fell short from being a good match imo. There was a ton going for it. A hot crowd, Cody getting cut open early on. But they didn't follow up on it at all. Cody gets cut open and Jericho works his usual pace. Goes for the cut once and never goes back to it. It's just his usual uncompelling routine which doesn't interest me at all. Cody is fine, I don't hate Cody but I never really connect with him either so that definitely took something away. One part of the match that I hated was Jericho hitting Cody with a title belt and not going for the cover immediately. Like, WTF? Instead of going for the cover that would've gotten him the pin, he plays dead for a second. Why? From that point, the match lost me. Then they went through a typical WWE closing stretch, a few nearfalls, Jericho and ref pushes each other for a cheap pop and finish. I preferred the heel turn by MJF after the match. **1/2