Pro Wrestling Only

Interesting email I got from WWE Marketing

sek69

So as someone who works for a cable company, I'm on a mailing list for WWE' promotions people. I got this in my inbox today:

All-

There has been a major change concerning the creative direction of SummerSlam and unfortunately the cross-channel spot scheduled to begin running Monday July 23rd, as well as any other marketing pieces with the current Key Art must be canceled.

Please alert your operations and trafficking personnel as soon as possible and ASK THEM TO CANCEL THE CURRENLTY SCHEDLUED SUMMERSLAM ROUND 1 SPOT and all other promotional pieces including print, etc.

We will provide you with more information and a “going forward plan” by end-of-day tomorrow (Friday July 20th).

We apologize in advance for the late notice and will work immediately to provide new materials.

Heather Lubin

Affiliate Marketing Manager, WWE Inc.

The current promotional material involved Umaga and the Jackass crew. Is the big angle already scrapped?

Guest Spunk

I think the whole 'VINCE IS DEAD' angle was going to have something to do with Summerslam (I mean, c'mon the dude stoned dudes laughing their asses off while Vince stepped into an exploding limo?), and Mr. McMahon is no longer dead.

Observer via Rajah:

Even though it hasn't started yet, WWE is still going through with the 'Jackass' angle for SummerSlam. However, Bam Margera and Ryan Dunn have pulled out of it. Margera pulled out due to an injury and Dunn pulled out because Margera pulled out. Steve-O will be the leader of the group.