Pro Wrestling Only

[2020-01-25-WWE-NXT Worlds Collide] Imperium (WALTER & Alexander Wolfe & Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel) vs The Undisputed ERA (Adam Cole & Roderick Strong & Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly)

paul sosnowski

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yeah, this was incredible. It started out in a bad way with Wolfe getting KO'd, and given the match suited his strengths more than the others, it could've ended badly but it didn't. Everyone in the match stepped up in effort. WALTER turned into a machine, leading from the front and taking on all challengers until he took out in an awesome table spot. The Undisputed Era did a super job of getting WALTER even more over as well with how they bumped from his chops like they were getting slapped by elite Sumo Guys. That ruled. I've been championing Barthel for years and this was his break out performance for me. Him working from beneath, bumping big and selling super well for the Undisputed Era. Aichner had some incredible dived as well. He impressed as well. Loved the escalation this match had - from systematic tag work mixed in with spurts of offence, which was where Era shined the most (Roddy and Kyle O'Reilly), to hot action with bombs being thrown and drama in the closing stretch. Cole was a clear step down from everyone in the match and it showed so much given how great everyone else was. I love it. The match was awesome from immediately after the injury to Wolfe which was scary. I loved it so much. Got sucked into the wrestling and it gave me a satisfying conclusion. Still buzzing about it. ****1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2020-01-25-WWE-NXT Worlds Collide] Imperium (WALTER & Alexander Wolfe & Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel) vs The Undisputed ERA (Adam Cole & Roderick Strong & Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly)