Pro Wrestling Only

[1987-09-26-NWA-Pro Wrestling Superbouts] Ronnie Garvin vs Arn Anderson

Superstar Sleeze

I have no idea the correct date I am going off the youtube link. It is definitely 1987 as Luger hoists Dusty up in the torture rack and it is also before Garvin before won title. 

Ronnie Garvin vs Arn Anderson - NWA Superbouts 9/26/87

Garvin has not yet won the World Championship when this is taped but he was within a month of winning it. Classic warmup match as the challenger takes on the Enforcer. This match has such a great slow grind to it. They barely bump but they make every move mean something and feel like a struggle. Arn wrestles almost the entire beginning in the standup position with a headlock clamped on Garvin. Great use of JJ too to keep Garvin distracted. Garvin eventually mounts his comeback on the outside and he just tees off on Arn. Dusty was phenomenal on commentary. When Garvin is working over Arn's head, Dusty lets us know thats important because "Thats where the brain is!". That popped me. Then when Garvin cracked Arn with one of his right handed chops, Dusty says he smacked "his left titty off". Then Dusty apologizes because he is on national TV. I had a good laugh. Arn gets a hold of the arm and tries to tear it off. It makes sense because it was causing him a lot of pain. Arn takes the Flair press slam off the top. Garvin roars! I am surprised Arn took the Hands of Stone twice for a nearfall, first time was near ropes and second time was a straight kick out. Garvin goes for the figure-4 as an F-U to Flair. AA rakes the ref's eyes and here comes the Horsemen. Dusty leaves commentary to save but ends up in a Torture Rack. BW, Koloff and RnRs save. Very fun old school Southern bout thats really enhanced by Dusty's enthusiasm on commentary. ***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [1987-09-26-NWA-Superbouts] Ronnie Garvin vs Arn Anderson
  • GSR changed the title to [1987-09-26-NWA-Pro Wrestling Superbouts] Ronnie Garvin vs Arn Anderson