Pro Wrestling Only

[1986-03-01-JCP-World Championship Wrestling] Arn Anderson vs Ronnie Garvin

Superstar Sleeze

NWA World TV Champion Arn Anderson vs Ronnie Garvin - JCP World Championship Wrestling 3/1/86

Anderson, Garvin, Studio Wrestling for the TV Title with the Nature Boy on commentary sign me up. This is pro wrestling, daddy. I love the studio crowd chanting "Break it" when Garvin has AA in the arm wringer. Anderson controls with wristlocks and such. Garvin looks to chop his way out of trouble. AA puts over the danger of the Hands of Stone by taking a powder. It can be over in a snap of the fingers. Garvin has a puncher's chance. Garvin works his control segment with a lot of holds around the head. He really cranked Arn's head at one point. Anderson takes back over and works, the back with a bearhug. It starts to be finish time and Arn starts to milk that clock. Powders again for the Hands of Stone. Garvin puts on the ab stretch as time expires. Flair distracts and Anderson hits the Front Suplex to put Garvin down. Not as good as that 87 match but this is still good craic. *** I recommend the Flair promo from this show and his squash match. He pummels the jabroni and you get to see some good Flair offense.  

• GSR changed the title to [1986-03-01-JCP-World Championship Wrestling] Arn Anderson vs Ronnie Garvin
  • 7 months later...

I dont know who pissed in my corn flakes, but this match is way better than ***, it is ***3/4. They built the Hands of Stone really well, with Arn powdering both times. Great tension and really puts over that move for when he faces Flair. Great combination of physicality and workrate which is what the Carolinas are known for. They are always moving but it is because they are always jockeying for a hold or an opening for a strike. Great stuff all around, one of the best TV matches. I still recommend Flair vs Jabroni. Kickass Flair offensive performance.