Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-10-26-Toryumon] Susumu Yokosuka & K-Ness vs Dotti Shuji & Brother YASSHI

dawho5

Starts off really good with both teams attacking the injured arm of first YASSHI and then K-Ness.  Both teams take turns doing some very smooth double teams.  One thing I do appreciate about Toryumon/DG is that the teams have very cool and fun double teams.  Good popcorn fare.  I kind of wish they had stuck with the arm theme though.  Finishing run sees YASSHI & Shuji go after K-Ness's arm with a vengenace to get Yokosuka isolated and eventually it works.  After an over the top lariat exchange anyway.

Not a great match, too many different things going on that don't tie into a coherent story.  Also, more liberal interference from YASSHI/Shuji's teammate.  And bringing in the foreign objects right in front of the ref.  It's kind of a strange issue for me with the Toryumon.  I love the advancement of juniors (and tag if you look at it a certain way) wrestling.  It does seem like it is losing essential things like a good through line of the story through the whole match due to the need to hit certain tropes.  As entertaining as those tropes can be.  Then again, there was a cool moment late where K-Ness comes in to break up an attack on Yokosuka and rolls into a senton with his good shoulder to do it.  So there is some attention to detail there.

• GSR changed the title to [2003-10-26-Toryumon] Susumu Yokosuka & K-Ness vs Dotti Shuji & Brother YASSHI