Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-02-08-ROH-One Year Anniversary Show] AJ Styles vs Low Ki vs Paul London

This match is just exceptionally good when it comes to 3-way spotfests. It starts with a big pace right from the get go, and it never lets up; the action stays incredibly exciting & compelling from bell to bell. They are so innovative & creative with the 3-person spots they do, and all the bigger spots in this match hit me as a viewer beautifully. And of course with this involving Low Ki & AJ Styles (London brings it as well though!), there's plenty of awesomely mean & intense striking involved as well. As of this viewing, I would honestly put this above the legendary Daniels/Danielson/Ki 3-way dance from The Era of Honor Begins. It's that good. ****1/4

• 1 month later...

Agreed that this compares extremely well with the 2002 3-Way. This is all action, usually involving all three guys, rather than the typical one outside for a breather deal seen even in some of the best WWE versions of this era.

Everything looks really great and even though its go-go-go-go-go, it never really feels choreographed or too spotty. My viewing experience was basically seeing Low Ki do something amazing, thinking he's the best, only for London to do something even better to change my mind, but then AJ topped that and so on and on. 

For something 17+ years old to hold up so well in terms of spots is impressive.

• 1 year later...

This was an amazingly cool spotfest. That shouldn't come as a surprise as it involves Styles vs. Low Ki, but the London stuff was great as well. Man, there was some painful looking stuff in this .All three guys came up with inventive ways to hurt each other. There was some need camerawork in this at well. Some of it was shot from angles that aren't typically used in wrestling, which gives you a different perspective on the work. This wasn't the kind of match that will be etched in the memory forever, but it's a good example of enjoying three-way wrestling. Even the goofy spots are fun to watch. I love Styles' violent combos that look like they come straight out of a video game. With so many other workers they'd look stupid, but with Styles you're left wondering, "why did nobody ever think of that before?"