Pro Wrestling Only

Anthony Ogogo

joeg

Was just reading about this kid who they signed to a developmental deal. I vaguely remember seeing him fight on an Anthony Joshua under card. So he was bronze medalist at middleweight in 2012 and was a rising contender fighting on the under card of some big name fights until an eye injury and subsequent blindness forced an early retirement. He's the sort of legit world class athlete that's absent from AEW yet seem to be growing on trees over at NXT. Should be really interesting to see his development. Any word on who is training him or when he is going to debut? 

As far as I remember, Cody said Ogogo was pretty much one of his & Tony Khan's pet project in terms of training and development and I don't recall them setting a specific date for an Ogogo debut. But Jericho mentioned on a recent TIJ podcast that Ogogo was one of the names thrown around for the Inner Circle but he opted for Jake Hager in his muscle role instead of Ogogo.