Pro Wrestling Only

[2020-06-24-AEW-Dynamite] FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) vs SCU (Christopher Daniels & Kazarian)

MikeCampbell

• GSR changed the title to [2020-06-24-AEW-Dynamite] FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) vs SCU (Christopher Daniels & Kazarian)

This was a rock-solid tag team affair. Fun seeing Daniels tagging with Kazarian instead of Scorpio Sky, and he sure looked pretty good in there, and his style complimented that of The FTR's as well. I would say that I liked FTR's outing vs. The Butcher & The Blade a tad bit better, but this was also very easy to watch & pretty enjoyable. **3/4

Outstanding team work, pacing, and instant great chemistry between 2 teams that have never wrestled each other before. SCU remain a great team from their TNA days, while FTR are the best modern day old school tag team in the world outside of reDRagon/Undisputed ERA. Also, a really cool moment when Dax Harwood hit the Slingshot Vertical Suplex, then threw up the four fingers. I'm sure Tully Blanchard was smiling from ear to ear. ****

After a second viewing, I can't say that much has changed as far as my feelings on it. It's got tons of simple and smart work from both teams, some cute throwbacks in the form of the slingshot suplex and the vege-matic, and the intensity as the match wears on is perfectly believable. The match genuinely feels like it could have gone either way. And, FTR winning the match in a totally clean manner puts them over even more, because Daniels and Kazarian put them through the ringer, and they still managed to pull off the win.

Honestly, the only thing that I didn't care for was the spot where Kazarian stoped Cash from coming off the top, while Daniels countered the super plex into a near fall. It looked too coreographed and rehearsed. It'd have been better if Daniels had done it first, and then Kaz ran over to cut off Cash before he could try to break things up.