Pro Wrestling Only

[1988-03-27-WWF-Wrestlemania IV] Randy Savage vs Ted Dibiase

cactus

Andre is back in Dibiase's corner and as soon as he attempts to cut off Savage, the crowd immediately start chanting for Hogan and await his eventual appearance. Savage attempts an early elbow drop, but misses. The crowd go apeshit for this and it's clear that they are ready to move on from Hogan as champion. Hogan eventually comes in and lays out Dibiase with a chair as the referee is busy with Andre and allows Savage to win. Savage hoists Elizabeth in the air and celebrate in a picture perfect moment, only soured by Hogan coming in and trying to steal some of the glory. A fun and satisfying end to a piss-poor Wrestlemania. 

★★¾

• 1 year later...

I was surprised at how short this match was, its understandable since it's Savage's fourth match of the night.  They tried to squeeze a lot of story into ten minutes.  I probably haven't watched this match in thirty years, it's interesting to see how Hogan always has to be the center of attention.  There was a stark difference between Andre's subtle interference and Hogan hamming it up as soon as he walks into the arena.  Savage and Dibiase both looked great and the ending with Savage and Elizabeth was a special moment.  I just found myself wanting more wrestling.