Pro Wrestling Only

[1980-07-20-IWE] Rusher Kimura vs Spike Huber

Superstar Sleeze

IWA World Heavyweight Champion Rusher Kimura vs Spike Huber -IWE 7/20/80

IWE is mostly famous for two matches: Strong Kobayashi vs Andre The Giant and Verne Gagne vs Billy Robinson. Its main star from 1975 until it closed in 1981 was Rusher Kimura, who I dont think I have ever seen wrestle. I am coming off watching a lot of St. Louis footage and look who it is, Spike Huber!

If you have watched a Spike Huber match, you have heard it a million times he is the son-in-law of Dick The Bruiser. I shit you not, I hear the Japanese commentators say "Spike Huber" then some Japanese and then distinctly "Bruiser" I really hope they were saying he was the son-in-law of Dick The Bruiser.

When that is the highlight of the match, there's not much going on. It was solid action. ~10 minutes, JIP, no clips after that. They hit hard, good stand up, wrestling was solid. Kimura did not come off as a huge star. The most unique part was Huber really put over how hard Kimura's head was late. He really sold his hand on a punch to the head. He knocked himself loopy after this with headbutts in a bearhug.  Kimura wins with my favorite hold, the Butterfly Stretch, my finish growing up against my brother. For that and Huber's selling, ***

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1980-07-20-IWE] Rusher Kimura vs Spike Huber