Pro Wrestling Only

[2021-03-05-WWE-SmackDown] Daniel Bryan vs Jey Uso (Steel Cage)

ShittyLittleBoots

The boys did it again! Another absolute banger between 'em, this time inside the steel cage. I thought they used the cage gimmick pretty damn wonderfully, with lots of intense, additional brutality being brought into the thing w/ it. Uso continuing the attack on Bryan's bum knee from the Chamber was nice, and Bryan's armwork was beautiful as usual; especially that finishing sequence w/ him smacking it a few times against the cage, then that big butterfly suplex from the top rope, finished up by the LeBell Lock. ***1/2

I've really dug their series of matches and thought this was the lesser of them. I thought the whips into the cage were weak (not advocating for folks to bash their brains in against a cage, but this looked really loose and as them just pushing their hands into the cage) and the multiple cage escape attempt teases weren't particularly believable (the entire escape the cage stipulation is lame as it defeats the purpose of a cage match and is only reasonable when you have a weak heel who needs to find quick alternatives he can weasel a win with when paired with a much stronger face). The Samoan drop off the top and the butterfly suplexes were neat, but aside from that I checked out on this.