Pro Wrestling Only

Matt Tremont

Grimmas

Discuss here.

Clayton Jones said:

"The best deathmatch wrestler of his generation, although capable of much more than that. He was essential in revitalizing a deathmatch scene in the US that I wasn't sure was salvageable. A leader and teacher in and out of the ring, a standard bearer, and a great pro wrestler. One of those wild men that makes you want to see against a variety of opponents as a novelty but delivers a good match on top of that."

I really like Tremont, he's almost certainly the best post-Necro deathmatch worker. I think he's got really good instincts and is much smarter than a lot of her peers. I remember watching the first H2O event, where he wrestled Kevin Sullivan, a veteran who's pretty broken down and limited. Tremont crafted a really good match that hid Sullivan's limitations and was mainly worked around punches. He didn't expose himself or his opponent by trying stuff they couldn't do, they just had a good match based on what they both could do.

19 hours ago, NotJayTabb said:

I really like Tremont, he's almost certainly the best post-Necro deathmatch worker. I think he's got really good instincts and is much smarter than a lot of her peers. I remember watching the first H2O event, where he wrestled Kevin Sullivan, a veteran who's pretty broken down and limited. Tremont crafted a really good match that hid Sullivan's limitations and was mainly worked around punches. He didn't expose himself or his opponent by trying stuff they couldn't do, they just had a good match based on what they both could do.

I know at SCI 2019 in the the second round, the story was that he got injured in the first match. Instead of taking it easy and pulling out of the tournament, he came up where they start in the bleachers of the high school gym the show was taking place and they started a brawl which resulted in a fun match. I can’t wait to start rewatching his work as he is one of my favorite wrestlers ever and one of the best I have ever seen live.