Pro Wrestling Only

Carlos Amano

Grimmas

Jetlag said:

"Obscenely underrated worker who is like an almagation of all my favourite wrestling tropes. Hard headded, lithe agile grappler with innovative offense  and a knack for cool moments. She has some impressive singles matches in many different promotions and I'm down to do a deeper dive into her work."

• 2 years later...

It's really depressing watching 2000's Joshi because there are so many talented workers who should and could be absolutely be on the same level of reverence as the 90's generation prior, it's just that there was so little actually floating around that many of them (Ray/Bloody/Nagashima/Kimura/Bolshoi/Hamada/Kurihara, the list is endless) were lost to the sands of random tape traders and the occasional random Youtube listing that never got took down.

Amano absolutely qualifies despite her being one of the luckier ones that got a lot more taped time. As Jetlag says above she's a terrific mix of insanely cool grappler and deliverer of epic headbutts in ways I've never really seen one try to do a headbutt before, which is already a winning combination in my eyes. Not only is her peak showings pretty great (from what I've seen, anyway) her consistency in regards to floor is stellar. She stays great all the way to the very end of her performing career (starting about 1999 and ending in 2014) and even at the very end she's still having a blast working really good TV-style sub 15 minute matches; impressive given she spent most of her years doing wacky headbutts and not exactly going easy on them. I'm not qualified enough yet to say how truly good she'd be on a potential 100 list, but she definitely has earned a spot for me just by what I've watched and reviewed so far. Real crime how little attention she gets despite having so many high-quality stuff looming in the distance.