Pro Wrestling Only

[2021-05-12-AEW-Dynamite] Darby Allin vs Miro

ShittyLittleBoots

Darby Allin defends the TNT Championship.

This was kinda like Darby's awesome match vs. Brian Cage from January, as in it's Darby getting destroyed by a brute for the most of it, but at the same time, this had a completely different dynamic & charm to it. It's also better. The pre-match attack by Miro was amazingly vicious; it was a complete crime-scene before the bell even rang & I loved it. Then the match officially began & the narrative continued with Miro indeed mostly just completely destroying Darby, and it rules. Miro looks like a monster between his awesome offense & Darby's willingness to make everything look twice or thrice as brutal. Darby's hope spots & comebacks also rule; the last-hurrah he had after the awesome Sting brofist-moment was especially awesome, as was the finish with Miro wonderfully countering his Armbar into that vicious finish of his own. This was absolutely great. ****

This was soooo good. I was tempted to call this a Darby carry job as he does such an incredible job of bumping around for Miro (who's facials are the worse), but I feel you got to give Miro some props as was good at bullying Darby. That German suplex on the floor is one of the most brutal bumps of the year as Darby landed on his head. Darby's speedball offense with him just launching his body is so great. That finish with Miro pulling a deep camel clutch was great. Far better match than the Brian Cage match from earlier this year.