Pro Wrestling Only

Andre the Giant vs Arn Anderson

elliott

Who is better Andre the Giant or Arn Anderson?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better GWE Candidate, Andre the Giant or Arn Anderson?

• Andre the Giant
    • Arn Anderson

7 minutes ago, ohtani's jacket said:

Fair enough. Now, if only we could agree about Carpentier. I'm surprised that you guys like him so much. 

"Like" is an interesting word. I respect him. I am impressed by him. I think he understood how to play to the camera and the crowd and get himself over better than any of the other stylists in the footage so far. There's something to that. I think there's something less pure to it, but I also don't think it's been terribly detrimental to his matches as of yet either. Ben Chemoul has an element of it as well, but that's more of a showman's flash, whereas with Carpentier, it's more manipulative and "working." He was able to present himself as a star through his mannerisms and ring-work. That he understands this and so few of the people around him seem to, it gives him a massive advantage which he presses to the fullest and it makes him stand out. It's impossible to deny, but I'm not at all sure I like it, if that makes sense.

23 hours ago, ohtani's jacket said:

I see. Not to derail the thread, but I really wanted him to be a tricked out stylist like he was in the States, but then perhaps French heavyweight wrestling wasn't the place for that. When I see him work the French style, he comes across like an ex-boxer turned pro for some reason. 

Again, totally get where you're coming from. I think a lot of it is just watching this stuff chronological and seeing how he compares relatively. He brings certain different things to the table and uses some of the same things differently. He comes off as a fairly selfish worker to me, but certainly an effective one. Honestly, this just means we need to get more people watching the footage and commenting on it as there's no baseline in reviews, just a few data points between you and us.