Pro Wrestling Only

Nobuhiko Takada vs Atlantis

Loss

Nobuhiko Takada vs Atlantis  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you rank higher?

• Nobuhiko Takada
    • Atlantis

For my money, Atlantis is the best tecnico trios match worker of all-time. I'm sure people would argue that Santo is better, and they have a point because Santo's trios spots are phenomenal, but Santo comes and goes. Atlantis was such a mainstay in CMLL and the glue in so many trios matches. He doesn't have a 1.000 batting average, but no one in lucha does. But if you have a trios or an atomico with 2-3 average tecnicos, there is nobody I would choose over Atlantis as the guy to salvage something from the wreck. The rudos are important too, but you've got to have at least one good tecnico that can work some exciting sequences into the bout. I never get tired of seeing how Atlantis matches up with some of the better rudos. It's something I anticipate every time Atlantis is in the bout. Trios matches are mostly about structure and form, but they're also about match-ups, and if you've been around the block a bit, the match-ups become one of the more intriguing parts of a trios match. I really like the way Atlantis matches up with a lot of guys. In many ways, instead of a list of great Atlantis matches in my head, I have a list of favored match-ups. He does have his limitations, however. I think some of the criticisms that have been made of him on this site are fair. Atlantis has been in some classic singles matches, but I don't think he's the lead. Great dance partner, but I'm not convinced he can lead. I don't think he's great as the lead guy in an apuesta build either. I didn't like a lot of the build to the Villano match or the Mano Negra match, for example. I like his work with Wagner, but they never had an apuesta. 

I've made my thoughts on Takada clear in the past. I'm not gonna bash him here. We probably went too far with it in the past. He's a guy who deserves a fresh take from different people.