Pro Wrestling Only

Fuerza Guerrera vs Pirata Morgan

elliott

Fuerza Guerrera vs Pirata Morgan  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better GWE Candidate, Fuerza Guerrera or Pirata Morgan

• Fuerza Guerrera
    • Pirata Morgan

This is a very close one. Instinctively I figured that it had to be Fuerza, but when I give it some thought, Pirata is probably the better brawler, even if Fuerza holds his own there. Pirata is probably better working with a team, both as a leader (Bucaneros) and as a follower, although again this is something Fuerza does well too. Fuerza stayed better for longer, I think, but Pirata probably has the stronger taped output from the '80s. They're about equal in great matches, maybe edge to Pirata.

So that's almost everything, and it looks like if anything Pirata's out in front. The gamebreaker for me is that I think Fuerza was a couple of levels above Pirata as a technical wrestler. Pirata could hold his own there, but it wasn't that far above the way someone like Perro Aguayo could hold his own there, scraping by to justify holding a belt. Fuerza vs Pantera is a performance that was beyond Pirata, IMO. He has some good title matches (in 1991 he worked a very good thirty minute match with Mascara Sagrada of all people) but I can't imagine being excited for the actual technical work, and that's probably my favorite thing in wrestling. Win to Fuerza, but it's closer than I thought going in.