Pro Wrestling Only

Squared Circle Gazette Radio #166 - The WWF In 1991: Part 3B

SCG Radio returns for Part 3B of our series talking 1991 in the WWF! This time, we're continuing our look into July and August by analysing Ric Flair's departure from WCW and impending arrival in the WWF, all the insanity that led to it with Jim Herd, as well as evaluating the lead-up to Flair's exit and aftermath. In addition, we're looking at the undercard build to Summerslam 1991 and talking all about the show itself, featuring Bret Hart's IC Title win over Mr. Perfect, the JAILHOUSE MATCH, Virgil's career peak and a great deal more. A ton of fun looking at the TV and news of the period, check it out and let us know what you think! If you don't download it here, it's also available on iTunes, Spotify or Podbean!

https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/web/tmi66t/SCG_Radio_166_-_The_WWF_In_1991_Part_3B7v8dv.mp3

• 8 months later...

Really dug this series overall. Sounds like guys are going to keep it going into 92, which is awesome. I'd love to hear other transitional years tackled at some point (if possible), but this whole project has been very enjoyable. Great work, guys. It feels like you really leave no stones unturned when going through these things.

• 1 year later...

I just wanted to bump this thread to bring a little love to the SGC Radio show.

Liam and Kyle have kickstarted their 1993 journey, and they continue to kill it with in-depth analysis and every stone turned tf over. Good stuff.

Highly recommended for anyone who still digs the timeline template - but still finds themselves craving fresh voices and unabashed hot takes with serious conviction and hefty, weighty thoughtfulness fueling the discussion points 

Oh yeah, man. Their "comings and goings" segments alone are worth the listens, but their coverage has remained strong.

A mild criticism is that I sometimes wish they'd pause and thread the needle a bit more regarding the project's original premise (was Warrior given a fair shake as the headliner, was the fall of Titan inevitable, etc.).

But I will say that they consistently revisit the main theme, even without drawing it back to Warrior and the decisions surrounding him specifically. He is obviously an afterthought by 93 anyway, but they *do* still discuss Flair, Sid, Luger, and others in the same general sense. That keeps everything tied to the core of the project while still propelling it forward.

On 7/19/2023 at 6:49 AM, SomethingSavage said:

I just wanted to bump this thread to bring a little love to the SGC Radio show.

Liam and Kyle have kickstarted their 1993 journey, and they continue to kill it with in-depth analysis and every stone turned tf over. Good stuff.

Highly recommended for anyone who still digs the timeline template - but still finds themselves craving fresh voices and unabashed hot takes with serious conviction and hefty, weighty thoughtfulness fueling the discussion points 

Glad you bumped.  Put this on my list.