Pro Wrestling Only

Kenta Kobashi vs Ric Flair

Tetsujin

Kenta Kobashi vs Ric Flair  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Kenta Kobashi
    • Ric Flair

Last time's #1 vs the guy I want to be next time's #1. One of the all time great babyfaces against one of the all time great heels. The two greatest masters of the chop. Two iconic, passionate workers with great championship reigns, and two of the best users of formula to approach their big matches. Who ya got?

• 3 weeks later...

No love for this one? I would have love a match between the two in, let's say, 1995. They feel like perfect foils for each other.

As the comparison goes, I guess Flair has the volume and variety of opponents on his side. But Kobashi's highs and lows seem much higher to me, and the way he approached offense and selling feels more "complete", more polished, than Flair's, who is a bit cartoony (and he's great at it).

4 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

No love for this one? I would have love a match between the two in, let's say, 1995. They feel like perfect foils for each other.

I think it would just be a bunch of chops in between Flair forcing him to do a million gorilla press slams. Although I can picture Kobashi doing his rolling cradle, Flair kicking out, standing up and doing the Flair Flop and I'm kinda back in on them matching up if only for that one spot i'm 1000% certain would happen.