Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-01-05-AJW] Aja Kong & Bison Kimura vs Kyoko Inoue & Toshiyo Yamada

Kadaveri

This is a decision match for the tag titles after Aja and Bison vacated them, only to try to win them back right afterwards. I have no idea why. I think this is the best Aja & Bison tag I've seen, Bison's performance in this is particularly good, probably had a better night than Aja actually. ****1/4

Note, if you want to watch this in almost complete form, see the version on AJW Classics 54 that aired on 8/22/11.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1992-01-05-AJW] Aja Kong & Bison Kimura vs Kyoko Inoue & Toshiyo Yamada
  • 4 weeks later...

This had a few issues to make it fall just short of great for me. Aja comes out wrecking Korakuen which was really exciting. The match then kind of settles in before ramping up at various points.  That stop/start made the match feel a bit disjointed even with the fall structure.  There were other minor annoyances like Kimura absolutely splatting on a nasty dive on the floor and then being back on offense 1 minute later.  The finish also took a while to set up as Bison had trouble lifting Yamada into position.  When this match shined was in the flurries from Kyoko/Yamada against the big bullies.  Especially when Aja showed vulnerability, the match really had a great David vs Goliath feel to it.  I am unsure why the titles were vacated only for Jungle Jack to just win them back but...... booking. ***1/2