Pro Wrestling Only

[2022-04-02-WWE-WrestleMania 38] Bianca Belair vs. Becky Lynch

Microstatistics

Great start as they effectively teased the Summerslam 2021 finish. Lynch's initial frustration at being unable to put Belair away immediately was well done. I liked the story of Becky settling into a groove and seemingly having Bianca's number at every turn until Belair fought her way back, leading to a more back and forth finishing stretch. Though, I wish Bianca had shown more urgency during the momentum shift. There were a few rough moments here and there but actually blended well into the hard-fought nature of the match. The match wasn't paced/structured quite as well as Belair's WM match the year prior (but that's a testament to Sasha Banks more than anything), even if the wrestling quality was comparable. Really good stuff overall. ***1/2

Yeah, this was damn great. They wrestled it like a Big Title Match, which is more than fitting, because that's exactly what it was. Excellent flow, big time feel, both women upped the intensity & violence + busted out stuff that you would in a match of this caliber. I loved it. Excellent performances by both Becky & Bianca in an excellent match. ****

• 2 weeks later...

Thought it was great while watching it live and I've only appreciated it more thinking about it. It's the culmination of Becky's character change since returning last year, fully embracing a desperate champion whose time with the title is finally coming to an end. Trying and failing to mirror her successes before against Bianca, pinning after each time she gains an advantage, getting vicious when her regular offense couldn't finish the job, and then going high-risk when that also doesn't work. Structured like a back-and-forth match that feels fully warranted with how their feud evolved over the last 6-7 months. And of course, Bianca delivered on another strong babyface-performance worthy of the big stage. Last year was the coronation of a new star, this year was Bianca taking back what's rightfully hers.