Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling at the Chase?

Guest *FH*

Did anything ever come of WWE possibly getting the tape/film/whatever library of Wrestling at the Chase? I recall hearing HHH was a proponent of the purchase and lobbying to Vince for it, but that was the last I heard?

Phil? Tomk? Bix?

Thanks dudes.

Pardon the confusion, but this raises some questions:

Bob Geigel owned the St. Louis territory when he sold the offices to Crockett, right? So, was the video library not part of the transaction? Or did Geigel not purchase the library from Muchnick originally? Just a bit strange to me since Crockett absorbed St. Louis, so I figured once Vince bought the WCW video library, that would've included St. Louis, which included Wrestling At The Chase. Am I missing something?

It really doesn't make sense that Matysik would own the Chase rights in the first place, like it would with his Greater St. Louis group. Maybe KPLR owned the rights and sold them to him? That would make sense, as the Chase public access show and then DVDs came about from KPLR showing a Chase clip on their newscast, getting massive amounts of positive feedback, and then running a documentary using Matysik's tapes (the master '60s tape he got from Joe Garigiola and his '70s-'80s off-airm recordings).

As far as Crockett, remember that they didn't get the rights/libraries for the old footage when they bought UWF, CWF, and maybe even Central States.

Guest Portalesman

As far as Crockett, remember that they didn't get the rights/libraries for the old footage when they bought UWF, CWF, and maybe even Central States.

IIRC, Crockett didnt actually "BUY" anything from CWF but rather partnered on the FLA market after they had no rasslers anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

I asked someone who would know about how Matysik got the rights. KPLR just gave them to him, not thinking there was any money to be made. Also, Matysik hasn't sold to The Fight Network, he's just leasing the TV rights to them.

I think there's only 12 episodes in the Fight Network cycle. It makes me think Matysik doesn't ahve much more than that in the first place.

• 2 years later...

I upgraded my TV package just recently, and discovered a Canadian channel called "BiteTV". One of the first things I noticed is a program called "Classic Wrestling". Currently, the show is focusing on the St. Louis territory, with each show focusing on one wrestler. Last night, their show featured Dick The Bruiser and a lot of his 81/82 feud with Ric Flair. I wish I had dates for what was shown (I'm still learning about St. Louis myself) but they did show a match Flair had that went around 10 minutes and involved Bruiser arriving and stealing both the NWA title and Flair's robe. Future shows are profiling Dusty Rhodes, Ted Dibiase and I believe a Harley Race one is coming up, if memory serves.

Apparently in the summer, the show covered Memphis. Hopefully, re-runs will happen. :)

The show goes a full hour and would definitely bring back memories for those who were there and be a starting point for those willing to learn. Just a heads-up for those (likely only in Canada) who have BiteTV.