Pro Wrestling Only

Greatest British Wrestlers Ever

Recently a list of Ariel Helwani's top 10 British wrestlers of all time was posted on various WWE accounts:

While I find quite a few placements very interesting, it got me thinking what a list would look like from more experienced wrestlers like those on sites like PWO. Other questions popped up while thinking about it further: Is WOS where the majority of Britain's greatest wrestlers lie? How would the likes of Ospreay, McIntyre, PAC, Sabre Jr., etc. fare when stacked against other generations & eras? I'd be interested if anyone here has some kind of list already in mind, or even a group of names that stand out in regards to the best from Britain. 

Edited by EnviousStupid
I confused Irish wrestlers as British. Please don't hurt me.

Nigel being higher than Barrett is....a choice, to say the least. 

1 hour ago, brockobama said:

Hate to break it to you pal but three of the people you listed are very much not British

IIRC British can refer to any place in the UK: Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales etc. The only wrestlers who wouldn't technically count here is Sheamus and Balor because they were both from Republic of Ireland (which isn't officially apart of the UK). No one mentioned would count as English (I.E. not from England exclusively)

Brits in the 2016 GWE poll:

1. William Regal

2. Finlay

3. Billy Robinson

4. Jim Breaks

4b. Bill Dundee. Born in Scotland but he was raised in Melbourne. I don't think I would consider him British under the strictest definition.

5. The Dynamite Kid

6. Steve Grey

7. Johnny Saint

8. Marty Jones

9. Davey Boy Smith

10. Terry Rudge