Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling without Ring of Honor?

Autistic Dragon

When ECW folded in April 2001 it left video distribution company RF Video in a tough spot. ECW was their best seller and its absence threatened to seriously decrease their income. They initially tried to strike a deal with Combat Zone Wrestling but the negotiations dragged for months without a deal. During that time, company owner Rob Feinstein saw an event called "King of Indies" put on by All Pro Wrestling which inspired him to start a similar promotion which would eventually become Ring of Honor.

A scenario I've been thinking about is one where RF Video and CZW are able to come to an agreement (from what I can tell this would include Feinstein joining CZW leadership) meaning ROH is never founded. How does this affect the wrestling scene in the following two decades?

23 hours ago, Autistic Dragon said:

When ECW folded in April 2001 it left video distribution company RF Video in a tough spot. ECW was their best seller and its absence threatened to seriously decrease their income. They initially tried to strike a deal with Combat Zone Wrestling but the negotiations dragged for months without a deal. During that time, company owner Rob Feinstein saw an event called "King of Indies" put on by All Pro Wrestling which inspired him to start a similar promotion which would eventually become Ring of Honor.

A scenario I've been thinking about is one where RF Video and CZW are able to come to an agreement (from what I can tell this would include Feinstein joining CZW leadership) meaning ROH is never founded. How does this affect the wrestling scene in the following two decades?

Good question. I imagine CZW wouldn't have reached the same heights ROH did and the brand would have capped their popularity levels to some extent...ECW was lightning in a bottle and I don't think they would have been able to repeat the same magic. We might have seen more of the top indie guys go to TNA instead perhaps.

• 4 weeks later...