Pro Wrestling Only

NOAH / WWE?

Guest The Man in Blak

Guest The Man in Blak

This actually is old news, from before NMB's launch, but I thought it would be worthy of discussion:

Daily Sports out of Japan reports that WWE vice president John Laurinatis recently met with NOAH president Misawa and Ruu Nakata. The two sides apparently discussed doing a joint WWE/NOAH show at the Tokyo Dome in the future. Shane McMahon and Triple H have said recently that WWE wants to do a Tokyo Dome show in 2006.

Credit: PWInsider.com

It almost seems too far out of reach, due to Vince's megalomania and/or senility (take your pick), but it would definitely make for an interesting show. Wild Pegasus and Lionheart on the undercard? Misawa taking on WWE guys (maybe Triple H)?

While I think a NOAH/WWE show would do decent business, there may be some headache over doing jobs. When Angle did a few jobs in Japan on one of the tours a while back, his market value dropped there considerably. Hopefully it's something that can be ironed out.

Guest Trivia247

I don't know why the market value would fall if angle loses a few matches to home wrestlers in Japan. its not like outside of us who seek the material out in Japan would know it.

The wwf also did business with Michinoku pro, did a joint event there. Plus WWF also backed Tenryu's short lived SWS promotion which brought Tenryu, Kitao, Great Kabuki, Kendo Nagasaki into conflict with WWF wrestlers in the early 90's in various events. With the Michinoku Pro deal of course produced the Kaientai incarnation in the WWF but also they were introduced, at least Taka was by one Great Sasuke, who wrestled him at the WWF PPV.

I have the Japanese issued WWF/AJPW Summit 1990 tape (Commentary in Japanese plus half the matches from the american tape is NOT there, Only a few, plus a few AJPW matches that are good but I have no clue who anyone is, other than Kabuki, and Baba, and Tiger Mask, and Jumbo. and Williams n Gordy) But still watching Bret Hart vs Tiger Mask was awesome no matter who is commentating)