Pro Wrestling Only

RVD v Jeff Hardy (Invasion 01)

anarchistxx

So after travelling Australia for 5 months, I'm back for a while until I save enough to go to Europe. I didn't see any wrestling in the time I was there, and two weeks after my return I still haven't watched any, until I sat down tonight with RVD v Jeff Hardy. I haven't watched wrestling regularly for over a year now, but I really enjoyed watching this.

Ah, this is a fantastic match, ticks every box for me. RVD turns in his greatest ever performance, and Jeff isn't too far behind. Everything they did seemed (And seems) so fresh and pretty much nothing looks bad. Van Dam is at his best as a heel; he's no good at getting any heat, and but he's so cool, and usually it doesn't take away from his opponent. Because he's really no good at getting heat for anyone, that's why he seems pretty stale and boring as a face. As a heel against over faces like Jeff, it gives a really interesting dynamic and the fans love everyone. They really go all out, and stuff like the DDT is fucking sick. It feels like a fight to the death contest. I love it.

I'd give it 5* if I still did ratings and shit.

What does everyone else think of this?

So after travelling Australia for 5 months, I'm back for a while until I save enough to go to Europe. I didn't see any wrestling in the time I was there, and two weeks after my return I still haven't watched any, until I sat down tonight with RVD v Jeff Hardy. I haven't watched wrestling regularly for over a year now, but I really enjoyed watching this.

Ah, this is a fantastic match, ticks every box for me. RVD turns in his greatest ever performance, and Jeff isn't too far behind. Everything they did seemed (And seems) so fresh and pretty much nothing looks bad. Van Dam is at his best as a heel; he's no good at getting any heat, and but he's so cool, and usually it doesn't take away from his opponent. Because he's really no good at getting heat for anyone, that's why he seems pretty stale and boring as a face. As a heel against over faces like Jeff, it gives a really interesting dynamic and the fans love everyone. They really go all out, and stuff like the DDT is fucking sick. It feels like a fight to the death contest. I love it.

I'd give it 5* if I still did ratings and shit.

What does everyone else think of this?

I remember enjoying this but that's all I can remember since it's been years since I've seen it. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

• 2 years later...
Guest kowking

An outstanding and overlooked matched. I think you nailed it when you say it has a fight to the death feeling. It's much better than any of their other matches, I think. I especially love it when Van Dam kicks Hardy off the V.

I just recently watched the match and I hated it. Hardy's selling was fucking horrible. He takes a 20 foot fall off the ladder and then a few minutes later he's stalking RVD with a chair. When RVD kicks it in his face, *then* Jeff decides it's time to actually sell. They get back into the ring and start running through their signature moves, until Jeff wipes out on the swanton and then RVD finishes him off.

Van Dam was actually decent, he really made Jeff's stuff toward the end look convincing, but Jeff didn't seem to give a shit one way or the other. He totally blew off the ladder fall, when a similar bump the year before at WM had totally taken him out of the match.