Pro Wrestling Only

First round match #12

Loss

OK, then what about Sid. Meltzer in his update the other day said that he "didn't have a brain" I guarentee he wouldn't have said that about a wrestler he thought was good. I don't understand why Sid is an idiot because he was a bad wrestler that felt he deserved a push. Same thing on Luger. Very rarely do good wrestlers get personal insults thrown at them. I remember back when Duggan got cancer, people were making fun of him on the net (not everyone, but some) If that was Tom Billington or someone like that, I don't think the reaction would have been the same. Bad wrestlers get personal insults thrown at them way too much on the net. Just my opinion

OK, then what about Sid.  Meltzer in his update the other day said that he "didn't have a brain"  I guarentee he wouldn't have said that about a wrestler he thought was good.

Sid *didn't* have a brain. He flubbed his lines on a regular basis. He tried to kill Arn Anderson with a pair of scissors. He tried to fight Brian Pillman with a squeegee. I think part of that is that a good wrestler has to have a brain to be good at what they do. Meltzer would never say that about Hulk Hogan or Kevin Nash, two others he's not fond of, because it would be very untrue.

Same thing on Luger.

Luger is a smart guy, and I've heard Meltzer call him that. Luger also got busted for drug possession, never did anything with the countless opportunities he received, was indirectly involved in the death of Miss Elizabeth and hated wrestling the entire time he was in it, even going so far as to yell at fans at ringside, "I can't wait to get out of this shit" at house shows.

Very rarely do good wrestlers get personal insults thrown at them.

I probably hear more negative stuff about Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair these days than I do Hulk Hogan or Dusty Rhodes.

I remember back when Duggan got cancer, people were making fun of him on the net (not everyone, but some)  If that was Tom Billington or someone like that, I don't think the reaction would have been the same.

You're right, and I'm not denying that those types of fans exist, because they do, but I guess they fly completely under the radar to me and I don't pay attention to them. So when someone mentions them, I'm shocked, because I don't see anyone like that who posts, and if they do, they aren't really taken seriously. I do know Tenta got a huge get well post with 3-4 pages of responses at TSM of all places without a single negative word said about him. Same thing when Boss Man died.

Bad wrestlers get personal insults thrown at them way too much on the net.  Just my opinion.

Edge is probably the least popular guy on the Internet right now, not counting the long-reigning champ HHH, and neither one of them are horrible in the ring, are they?

Rick Rude

He had good matches with Ultimate Warrior for god's sake. As a heel character I find his act to be far, far, far more entertaining than HHH's boring, repetitive "dhurrr I'm the game, I'm the best, me want title" shtick.

Rude's heel act was the kind of thing you just loved to boo because he was so outrageously cocky and great at it. HHH's heel act makes me groan and want to change the channel.

HHH might've had more good matches...but did Rude get to work with Benoit/Austin/Angle/Jericho/Michaels/Rock in the WWF?

When I mentioned Meltzer, I was specifically talking about wrestlers thinking they deserve a push. Dave was talking about Batista posing in a group pic with HHH, Shawn, and Hunter. Dave "complimented" Batista for acknowledging that he "didn't belong" among that group. He took a shot at Sid and Warrior saying they wouldn't have been as humble as Batista. What I took from that was that bad wrestlers should know their bad and be humble about being pushed. I don't understand why it's wrong of Sid and Warrior to think they deserved to be pushed. It was their livelihood, it was how they made a living. Ditto for Luger. I know he did dumb things, but i won't get on him because he thought he deserved a push. I guess I just see a double standard. Wrestling is worked, talent doesn't always enter into the equation.

And good wrestlers do get insults hurled at them, but they often get the benefit of the doubt. Like Flair on the plane ride from hell. Flair embarrassed the company, but wasn't criticized that much. It was just "Flair being Flair" LOL LOL (and this is coming from a big Flair fan)

And there were fans who made fun of Duggan. I remember some laughing at Sid for breaking his leg in 2001. Ditto for Nash in 2002 with the quad tear. I just don't find people getting hurt funny, no matter if they are a bad worker or a lockeroom cancer.

I just don't get insulting wrestlers, I never have. I can say Hunter has hurt the product for me and made the product worse, but I won't call him names and make jokes about his wife. i don't know him personally, so I don't know if he is a "prick" or any other negative term. This has always been a pet peeve of mine ever since I got on the net. It's just the way I feel.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

In 2000, Luger sure as hell didn't deserve to get pushed. Same with Sid. Neither man had anything positive to bring to the table.

Guest Some Guy

Rick Rude.

When someone mentioned Rude's matches with Warrior it gave me an excuse to vote for him. I was going to begrudgingly vote for HHH but Rude had better matches with Warrior than HHH did. I am also a huge mark for Rick Rude. He and Hennig were the only pure heels that I cheered for as a mark.