Pro Wrestling Only

Why does Irv Muchnick think Orton attempted suicide?

sek69

I think we need to wait until the book comes out to decide how far gone Irv is. Sure he's gone on a lot of wild goose chases, but some of the news items he's broken, like the Orton OD story, have been on the money.

I think we need to wait until the book comes out to decide how far gone Irv is. Sure he's gone on a lot of wild goose chases, but some of the news items he's broken, like the Orton OD story, have been on the money.

His posts on his site come off like the dude on the street corner raving against whatever evils he thinks are being committed, it doesn't give me any faith his book is going to be any more coherent.

Also:

It's straight-up lying to claim that bookstores didn't carry Wrestling Babylon. I've seen it on the shelves at Barnes & Noble and Books-a-Million. Hell, I've seen it on display more places than some much more "legitimate" books, like Regal's autobiography. Why would he whine about such a blatant falsehood?

The book didn't seem to sell as well as he expected it to, so it must have been the fault of the Bookstore Mafia holding him down rather than people just not being interested in his book.

I actually enjoyed Irv's section of that four-man cash-in Benoit book that came out a few months after the murders, but that was before he started getting wacky with the Wikipedia hacker stuff. I'll still give his next book a read-through in the store but I won't buy it, I don't think. Like Jingus said, I definitely saw Babylon in real book stores. Not a bad collection of articles but I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find them all online. And the supplemental information contained in the book is quite lacking, although Von Erich sleaze junkies will be happy to know that the day before Mike Von Erich did that rambling drugged-out TV interview he double-teamed a girl with his underage brother Chris. EWWWWW