Pro Wrestling Only

HHH - Heel Killer

Guest Steffie

Guest Steffie

?Many are worried within WWE that there are not enough strong heels lined up to work programs with Batista in the future to make him a major superstar. After working with Triple H it is not known who would be next in line as a strong heel to work with Batista in order to really put him over to the next level.?

This is Raw?s biggest problem. With their unbelievable constant pushing of Triple H, they have left virtually no room for any other wrestler to develop themselves as a legitimate big-name heel. Edge says he was screwed? That may be a storyline, but he damn sure bloody hell was screwed. Edge was pushed to the limits but as soon as the final step comes WWE stop him in his tracks, why? So Triple H can get his 10th run as World champion. Utter bullshit. I?m not diminishing Triple H as a wrestler, but no man can or should be the mainevent wrestler week in, week out for THIS long. Even the biggest draws like Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin had breaks from the mainevent to stay over, and don?t fool yourself; Triple H is certainly nowhere near the drawing table of Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin.

In a way, I?m glad that they?re going to have problems with big-name heels on Raw. If they?re going to push the bosses son-in-law every month, keep the World title on him and never have anyone go above him, then they deserve to have problems. The fans what freshness, rotation and some creatively on PPVs?not Triple H vs. his next creative victim.

Say what you will about him as a wrestler, but his non-stop push is killing not only RAW's World Heavyweight Championship but any prospects one has to be the next big heel on the brand. As long as 'Daddy's Little Boy' is constantly in the mainevent, no matter how good someone is (Edge) they will only ever be runner-up.

I don't know that Edge would have ever became an insanely over top heel, but he might have, and it was worth giving him a shot. I'd SO much rather see them try and fail with new guys than not try at all, and when Edge first turned, he was hot, but now that he's done so many jobs and lost in a World title match, he's not so hot anymore.

As far as Batista goes, this is exactly why any long-term babyface is doomed to fail, at least on RAW. There simply aren't enough top heels in line to allow Batista a long run. I'm sure they'll save HHH getting a rematch for two months down the line or something, just to stretch it out, but the end result will still be the same.

I can't see them turning Benoit and Michaels, which is probably what it would take. Batista's big win will get a huge pop and the match with HHH has been built up very well, but there's nothing for him to do after he puts Hunter in his place. His story is over.

It doesn't help that Kane was turned recently as well, considering that Batista/Kane, with the right hype, would be a big match that I think the fans would want to see.