Pro Wrestling Only

Top 50 Superstars DVD

Jingus

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up the dvd. They asked "the Superstars" to rank the wrestlers and it sounds like they didn't give them much instruction as far as criteria. As I speculated earlier, it makes sense that some would rank Bruno and some wouldn't, but everyone is going to rate Michaels and Undertaker.

Got my copy too. FWIW, they don't have Hogan pictured on the front, but they do on the back, and also mentioned in the description on the back as well. No Bret Hart mentioned or pictured on the box at all, which is kinda odd given who is in whose good shoes, and given their rankings in this.

Got my copy too. FWIW, they don't have Hogan pictured on the front, but they do on the back, and also mentioned in the description on the back as well. No Bret Hart mentioned or pictured on the box at all, which is kinda odd given who is in whose good shoes, and given their rankings in this.

No Hulk Hogan, no Ric Flair, no Mick Foley, no Jeff Hardy and no Kurt Angle on the cover. I wonder what those guys have in common.

Oddly no dvd insert either. Just my copy?

Josh Matthews on Hogan. "They give me minimum wage to come in here. Don't shoot the messenger."

The DVD is actually not really too bad

BTW they have new interviews with Terry Funk, Antonio Inoki, Butcher Vachon, Ken Patera, JJ Dillon and Ron Garvin on the DVD

did I miss anybody else?

I found myself disappointed in the match selection myself. The Fatal Four Way and other matches of its ilk were mediocre matches whose main intention was to sell the next week's PPV. What's the point of hyping me up to watch Armageddon 2000?

I got it as an early Christmas present today, and it's a fun well produced dvd. They make it clear that it's not some "definative list", it's just a fun list of 49 guys and one woman.

I like that Santino stayed in character, while Miz could be "the world's biggest wrestling fan" who'd be fun to watch wrestling with and Striker comes off as "the world's biggest wrestling fan" who'd be annoying to watch wrestling with. :lol:

Picked up the dvd. They asked "the Superstars" to rank the wrestlers and it sounds like they didn't give them much instruction as far as criteria. As I speculated earlier, it makes sense that some would rank Bruno and some wouldn't, but everyone is going to rate Michaels and Undertaker.

Dave, after watching the DVD, asked around and discovered that every single Superstar he asked had never voted, so he proclaimed that's complete BS. He also said he knows who voted (in management presumably) and that they wouldn't vote that way, so he concluded that it was Vince's list. He did enjoy them showing the clip where Vince said, when he inducted Austin into the Hall of Fame, that Austin was unquestionably the greatest Superstar in WWE history, and then Todd Grisham pointed out afterwards that Austin wasn't ranked number 1 because it wasn't Vince's list, it was the Superstars list. :)

• 2 weeks later...