Pro Wrestling Only

Put WWE on the back of one wrestler

Coffey

Guest CanadianChick

I'm not discounting MNM in the slightest, but as faces? They are great looking heels. In more ways than one, they remind me of Edge and Christian. The only way they remind me of the Hardys is because they have Melina.

If we are ripping off a successful idea, I don't see how MNM are similar to the Hardys at all. And remember: Edge and Christian were an important reason why Hardys were over. For London and Spanky to be successful, I'd be counting on MNM. They are just as important as London/Spanky for the whole Hardy boys vibe to be a success.

Guest Dangerous A

Realistically, Kendrick and London are going no where. They don't have the size or look. WWE doesn't give 2 shits about tag teams right now and London and Kendrick are ROH alumni and internet darlings, so they realistically are going to go no where near a push.

Edge is the one I'd pick as a person who could carry the company if his legs weren't currently getting cut from underneath him. He now has to take a backseat to HHH and Vince in the heel pecking order on Raw. I hope to God he can be rehabbed in the summer to become a draw and I'm not sure feuding with Foley is the way to keep him hot.

Guest CanadianChick

You think that the company should be building the company on heels?!?

When has that ever been successful, long term? NWO was short term, as it made the faces look like chumps and got old.

WWE has been basing their company off a heel for the last 4 years. It's time for a change.

Guest Dangerous A

WWE needs to first give a shit about tag team wrestling. MNM mean shit when they job to the Hvwt. Champ in handicap matches. (which they've done with the last 2 champs) I dont see WWE giving tag team wrestling a serious push for a real long time, if ever again.

You think that the company should be building the company on heels?!?

When has that ever been successful, long term? NWO was short term, as it made the faces look like chumps and got old.

WWE has been basing their company off a heel for the last 4 years. It's time for a change.

MNM should be the franchise tag team. Not fucking 6th graders.

Not to say London and Kendrick shouldn't be given a fair chance. They could be MNM's face foils, but they need to base it around MNM. They can talk better than London and Kendrick from what I've seen. They have a better look. They have a special tag team chemistry. If the WWE is basing the company around Triple H, then I don't see why they can't base the tag team division around a tag team that while heels, are still very entertaining and dare I say, likable.

Guest CanadianChick

Likable heels? No. There shouldn't be such a thing. Besides, even if there was, Hollywood stuckup blondes would certainly NOT fit the criteria.

And you completely disregarded my post. Heels should not be the basis of a company, period. It either has to be a babyface, or a babyface and heel, but never just heel. I think the last few years of WWE has proven that quite nicely.

I don't see how you can say that MNM talks better than "the 6th graders" when neither team talks. Melina talks.

I disregarded your post because you're sounding like a mark with the "WAHHHH I DONT WANT BADDIES TO WIN!" MNM also will likely draw more than London/Kendrick. If WWE found a tag team that could be good faces and that has a similar chemistry to MNM, then I'd name them. London and Kendrick isn't there yet. MNM is. So I would base it around them, while building up some strong face teams to be built around in the future. Why is it that Edge and Christian has more title reigns than the Hardyz? The Dudley Boyz got most of their tag titles as heels. Stop looking at things so narrowly. As Vince would say, "Look at the bigger picture".

Guest Kilgore Trout

I disregarded your post because you're sounding like a mark with the "WAHHHH I DONT WANT BADDIES TO WIN!"

Well wrestling is for marks. Building a company entirely around a heel makes no sense as that means the heel has to come out on top of feuds which is dumb and won't make money.

Incorrect. The tag titles are being viewed as nothing more than a prop. Look at how they are handling Kane and Show's reign. If you based it around MNM, and they had a good run where they're made to look like a dominant team, then the face team that I said would be built up could beat them to become the new franchise team. Who said that I had to keep the focus on MNM forever? That was not the point. The point is at this time, MNM is the best team to base it around. Honestly I think Billy Kidman and Paul London had a better chance to break out than London and Kendrick.

Guest CanadianChick

I disregarded your post because you're sounding like a mark with the "WAHHHH I DONT WANT BADDIES TO WIN!" MNM also will likely draw more than London/Kendrick. If WWE found a tag team that could be good faces and that has a similar chemistry to MNM, then I'd name them. London and Kendrick isn't there yet. MNM is. So I would base it around them, while building up some strong face teams to be built around in the future. Why is it that Edge and Christian has more title reigns than the Hardyz? The Dudley Boyz got most of their tag titles as heels. Stop looking at things so narrowly. As Vince would say, "Look at the bigger picture".

Oh for the love of god.

Look, I like MNM alot. I just don't think that basing a tag division JUST AROUND THEM is smart, because it gets boring when the heel ALWAYS win decisively. If you are going to follow a tested and tried method, it has to be either based mainly on the face team or equally on the heel/face team. Spanky/London and MNM would be perfect to base a tag division on, because they do have that E&C/Hardys vibe (while not being a complete ripoff). MNM could have 34 title reigns for all I care, but it can't JUST be them on top. There has to be a face team always chasing them. To use your example, just like how the Hardys were pretty well always chasing E&C and getting screwed, even when E&C were winning all the time. I NEVER said that the face team always has to win.

Stop trying to sound smart by condescending me. You look like a complete jackoff.

I wouldn't be a jackoff if you stop thinking in a mark mindset. And you seem to miss the entire point of my posts. I said MNM needs to be on the top NOW, but in no way did I say they would be on top forever. The Hardyz chasing E&C worked because they were seen on the same level (No Mercy Terri Invitational Ladder match anyone). Who is on MNM's level? Surely not Kendrick and London....yet.

Guest DylanWaco

To answer the question posed by this thread, at this point, I'd take Carlito. Rey is a better short term pick, but he's geting older and it's hard to say how long he'll be around. Carlito should be around for years and IMO is the only guy from the younger crop of wrestlers who is consistently improving both his charactor and his ring work. He's shown himself to be much more versatile than I originally thought and I have a feeling he's going to be the next guy turned face beacause the crowd response will dictate it.

Guest Dangerous A

About Rey,

In the latest Observer, it said that Rey was having knee problems again at the worse time possible. Rey is actually not even 30 yet, but his knees are so shot from all the sprinboard and aerial moves that he'll probrably have to scale it back some more if he hopes to continue.

Carlito isn't a bad choice. He's actually starting to show some improvement. I bet he weasels his way into MITB and wins. Either that or they just buried him by having him propose the idea for doing the match again and then not qualify.

Regarding the heel/face argument, I think you can build around a top face, a top heel or both, as long as the tag team in question is someone who can carry feuds with other guys who may not be as talented and is someone the crowd has an emotional investment in watching, whether it's to see them win or lose. Ric Flair drew for many years as a long-term heel.

Also, while it sounds nice in theory, always putting the most talented guys in the top positions in every situation isn't always the best route to go. At this point, if the goal is to rebuild the tag division (and who the hell knows if it is?) they should pick the teams that stand the best chance of getting over and put them against the most talented teams in the company to get them over.

I wouldn't say MNM has been portrayed as weak so much as they have portrayed as inconsistent. Yes, they've jobbed to the last two singles champs in handicap matches, but they've also gotten pinfalls over Batista, Guerrero and Misterio, all top stars in the company at the time they laid down.