Pro Wrestling Only

Benoit vs Punk

Guest kowking

My first guess is no. Punk only turned heel very briefly on ECW whilst Benoit was on Smackdown so I'd be surprised had they wrestled against each other on the house shows. Benoit was put on the ECW crew less than two weeks before he died, by which point Punk was a face again. They teamed together (and maybe did at house shows that weekend). Benoit missed all the following weekend's house shows before the PPV (when they might've done a walkthrough) and obviously missed the PPV. Punk mentioned on the 'tribute' show how he was "finally going to wrestle Benoit" at the PPV so... the answer's probably not.

When was Punk a heel in ECW? I didn't watch much ECW on Sci-Fi but I don't even remember reading about that.

He did a fake turn as the leader of the New Breed or whatever they were calling them before he turned back and revealed he was screwing with them. It was supposed to last longer before he revealed he was stringing them along but was cut down to just a week or two.