Pro Wrestling Only

Random Hypothetical Question

Guest kidd

My post last night, while Pro-HHH in delivery, is not meant to be taken literally as Pro-HHH. I'm closer to Anti-HHH than Pro-HHH. I have enjoyed snippets of his career, like certain matches from 2000-04. The matches are the ones people have loved or hated.

Without going on and on and on like some do here, I will simply say this: Triple H discussions are like John Cena discussions to me. The horse is dead. Has been for a long time. Either add something new or move along. I get it that Hunter holds people back, buries his enemies, and is a general asshole - just like the Superman Cena topic, I know all of that stuff.

I suspect that Anti-Trip folks can point to quite a bit of fucking over Cena stuff to balance out tapping to Cena at Mania.

Folks liked to point to Shawn putting over Cena and that Cena "won" the feud. Others walked through the feud/series, and it was quite a bit less clear than Shawn was as giving as folks tried to say.

John

He lost center of the ring via submission and did not get the win back for two years. HHH is not subtle. He once pinned the tag team champions in a handicap match with a spinebuster. Whatever he did to off balance tapping out was done because he was a main eventer and set to be part of a big storyline

Speaking of handicap matches, back when the Undertaker was feuding with D-X (Gunn, Dogg, X-Pac), he routinely defeated them in handicapped matches. Hell, he beat A-Train and the Big Show at WrestleMania in a handicap match. Didn't the Big Show beat like four or five guys at a PPV before?

Taker was a walking zombie turned biker turned zombie.

Creature incapable of feeling pain - man of legendary tough denotation - creature incapable of feeling pain.

For all the faults that HHH has, Taker has just as many, man.

Touching briefly on the topic of what's happening with WWE currently, the real issue is that all the writing and booking is done to get Vince's approval rather than people actually sitting down to think about a good storyline that would draw more fans in and get wrestlers elevated.

I don't know if the current writers would improve the day Vince is no longer in power. I don't know if HHH understands enough about how to make a storyline truly work. Supposedly Stephanie has eased up a bit with her approach to work, so maybe she might be open to ideas and not insist everything be done to her approval.

Regarding HHH and Taker, both have had their share of not putting guys over as strongly as they should, but with HHH, those examples tend to be more prominent and often involve wrestlers who held promise of either being a main eventer or, at the very least, somebody who could be a good upper midcarder to help groom other potential main eventers. Taker has had a few guys who were pushed against him with WWE's mindset being "we need the next Taker" and the guy in question truly not having enough to fill that role. Nathan Jones, for example, was never a guy that struck me as somebody who could be a good upper midcarder, so who cares if Taker squashed the guy when it was evident it just wasn't meant to be with Jones.