Pro Wrestling Only

TNA vs Herb Abrams UWF

Jingus

WOW - I really loved WOW. Along the same lines as GLOW but a little more believable and up to date. They got alot out of a bunch of sparsely trained actresses and models. They never deserved the reputation they got and they still should be in buisness. I'd watch that over most other current promotions.

I only enjoyed WOW as the guiltiest of pleasures. The gimmicks were backwards to the point of practically being offensive, the storylines were almost nonexistent, the production was often pretty bush-league, and the wrestling stank like week-old fish. Even being a mark for a couple of the girls like Jacklyn Hyde didn't help making the rest of the show any easier to watch.

They had some other good ones too though: Caged Heat with Delta Lotta Pain(no way you could hate that name), Riot, PATTI PIZAZZ, Slam Dunk and Ice Cold. I liked Jane Blond too just because it was different and because it might have been the first secret agent gimmick in wrestling. I thought the production was really good for such a small company. 100 times better than ROH. Gotta give them credit too for drawing a decent house on their ppv. They managed to get 9,500 people in attendance at their ppv which is something TNA hasn't come close to.

Speaking of women's companies, would WEW be a contender in this race?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW - I really loved WOW. Along the same lines as GLOW but a little more believable and up to date. They got alot out of a bunch of sparsely trained actresses and models. They never deserved the reputation they got and they still should be in buisness. I'd watch that over most other current promotions.

I only enjoyed WOW as the guiltiest of pleasures. The gimmicks were backwards to the point of practically being offensive, the storylines were almost nonexistent, the production was often pretty bush-league, and the wrestling stank like week-old fish. Even being a mark for a couple of the girls like Jacklyn Hyde didn't help making the rest of the show any easier to watch.

They had some other good ones too though: Caged Heat with Delta Lotta Pain(no way you could hate that name), Riot, PATTI PIZAZZ, Slam Dunk and Ice Cold. I liked Jane Blond too just because it was different and because it might have been the first secret agent gimmick in wrestling. I thought the production was really good for such a small company. 100 times better than ROH. Gotta give them credit too for drawing a decent house on their ppv. They managed to get 9,500 people in attendance at their ppv which is something TNA hasn't come close to.

Speaking of women's companies, would WEW be a contender in this race?

I wouldn't put them in it. I still maintain that GLOW, WOW and POWW is better than TNA though.