Pro Wrestling Only

As The World Turns

Slasher

I remember when Paul Orndorff was the gold standard for number of turns, but in retrospect it wasn't that many.

Heel for much of his early career. Came into WWF as a heel.

Turned babyface after WM1.

Turned heel on Hogan some time after WM2.

Turned back babyface between WM3 and Survivor Series. Stayed babyface up until he left WWF and his first retirement. Was pretty much a babyface from his comeback through his first WCW run. (Don't really count acting heelish during that one off match with Kerry Von Erich).

Turned heel shortly after his arrival in SMW. Stayed heel for his SMW and second WCW runs up until his career ending injury. Don't really count appearances after that.

Am I missing something? That's only 4 turns in his active career.

He was a face in Georgia prior to his entrance into the WWF, wasn't he? I seem to recall some specific WWF/TBS promos with Okerlund where he "turned", more or less.

Shawn Michaels had a fair few too:

Entered WWF as a face.

Watched as Marty Jannetty threw himself through a window, turning heel in the process.

Turned face after returning in May 1995.

Heel-ish early 1997, until fully fledged at the end of the year.

Face in January 1999.

Heel in 2000, continuing when he returned as part of the NWO in 2002.

Face after the NWO disbanded in 2002.

Heel in 2005 when feuding with Hogan.

Face after the Hogan match at SummerSlam.

I could be missing some here as well.

Didn't he ever join The Million Dollar Corporation?

Also, when he's allied with Sullivan and still tagging with Sting, when was that?

I think the storyline was DiBiase claimed Luger had joined, but it was a swerve and Tatanka ended up turning on Luger and joining the Corporation.

Luger allied with the Dungeon of Doom and tagging with Sting was 95/96, after he returned to WCW and before the start of the NWO angle.

I think Luger has to win the award for most "turnable" guy then. Like there was always a question mark over his allegiances. Even if it wasn't a full turn, the potential for a turn was always there.

For sure, he's not 100% heel when he's with the Dungeon of Doom.

I thought that was actually a really neat dynamic they had going on with Luger at that time period. He and Sting are tagging together walking down the aisle and Luger is looking like a smug prick ignoring the fans and then Sting looks back at him and he starts smiling and high fiving fans. Wouldn't mind seeing something like that again.