Pro Wrestling Only

Where The Big Boys Play #29

We actually recorded this the same night as the Clash 3 show which accounts for the little joke at the start and the fact that there is only one comment (which was posted while we were recording), disappointingly it did not mention Lyle Alzado.

Also, I will personally send a wrestling-related prize of some kind to anyone who can decipher what the hell JYD is saying in that promo.

Where the Big Boys Play #29 - Clash of the Champions 4

Posted Image

Marching bravely into the Turner era, Chad and Parv review Clash of the Champions 4: Season's Beatings. In this show: Jim Herd's never discussed wrestling background, the Road Warriors heel turn, Parv goes nuts over a match that no one else seems to rate highly, the long-awaited return of Jason Hervey, more Steve Williams hate from Parv, a totally ridiculous JYD promo, a critique of Matt Farmer's method of ranking draws, where Rick Steiner rates among the people with mental disability gimmicks, who is better Bobby Fulton or Robert Gibson?, and a look at Meltzer's big article from late in 88 on 'how to save the NWA'.

We actually recorded this the same night as the Clash 3 show which accounts for the little joke at the start and the fact that there is only one comment (which was posted while we were recording), disappointingly it did not mention Lyle Alzado.

Also, I will personally send a wrestling-related prize of some kind to anyone who can decipher what the hell JYD is saying in that promo.

Where the Big Boys Play #29 - Clash of the Champions 4

Posted Image

Marching bravely into the Turner era, Chad and Parv review Clash of the Champions 4: Season's Beatings. In this show: Jim Herd's never discussed wrestling background, the Road Warriors heel turn, Parv goes nuts over a match that no one else seems to rate highly, the long-awaited return of Jason Hervey, more Steve Williams hate from Parv, a totally ridiculous JYD promo, a critique of Matt Farmer's method of ranking draws, where Rick Steiner rates among the people with mental disability gimmicks, who is better Bobby Fulton or Robert Gibson?, and a look at Meltzer's big article from late in 88 on 'how to save the NWA'.

JYD was saying that he came to North Kaka lacki by way of South Kacka lacki which means he came to North Carolina by way of South Carolina. The "Kaka Lacki" thing is slang for "Carolina". Rappers also use the Kaka lacki verbiage when referring to either South or North Carolina.

"Two nations united by a common language". JYD might as well have been speaking another one here. Well I've learned something I probably would never otherwise have come across.

Kaka Lacki, lol, bloody hell.

Google "Gullah" Jerry. These are my people in many ways as I grew up with them. Kaka Lacki is an easy to understand term by comparison to what I hear daily :)

I've always liked the 1st tag match on the show. I can see where people might have thought it went too long for a babyface match though. Per the Fantastics coming across violent In UWF they had a pretty famous blood feud with the Sheepherders, along with some bloody fights in the NWA. Their is one on the main Event in 88 that went like 12 minutes, but they only show 6 minutes of it. What was shown was a great brawl. Also on the U.S tag team tourney I think the Sheepherders were originally booked to win it. Their is actually a match where they went over the Fantastics that was televised in the tournament. The Sheepherders went to WWF. The t.v explanation was the sheepherders cheated on review, and Fantastics were still in tournament. This is if my memory serves me right.