Pro Wrestling Only

Championship Wrestling from Florida

Troy

I don't want to derail from Florida too much, but I was under the impression there was loads of WoS footage availavle from the 70s.

There were 360 matches that aired from the 70s on TWC and 390 matches from the 80s, but if you count the original broadcast stuff that was recorded there's a bit of extra footage from the late-70s but a significant amount of footage from the 80s. A lot of it is JIP, but a lot of TWC stuff is clipped as well. WoS was still good from '80-84. It wasn't until wrestling became a stand alone show in '85 that Joint Promotions started to hurt from the jumps to All Star. Of course the 80s stuff isn't as good or interesting as the 70s stuff, but hopefully the 80s set will get a boost from many of the workers being unknown to people and the footage that didn't air on TWC.

A long time friend of mine works with Buddy Colt. Maybe I should ask him to see if he has any footage. All I for was an autographed 8x10 so far

Buddy Colt is still working? I hope he does because he wants to not that he has to. He has to be only a few yrs shy of 80 at this point.

My friend works as a diesel mechanic and has only said that he works with him sometimes. I believe its a few times a year kind of deal but i guess he has shared a few stories with him before and talked about CWF. I would only assume that he works on the side or as someone who can do business with my friends company. I'll have to ask him if he's talked to him lately, this was about a year and a half ago or so.