Pro Wrestling Only

Round #3, Match #8

Loss

Vote for the team that you feel had the best run as a tag team from 1985 to 2005. Voting will last approximately 24 hours and the winner of each match will advance to the second round. Because the goal of the tournament is to promote discussion, please feel free to explain how you came to your decision as much as possible.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard

Though, what version of the Bodies are we voting for here?

Not that I'd have voted otherwise.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

I'd still have gone with Tully and Arn then. Better teamwork, better talkers, bigger matches and angles. I'm a fan of the HB, but Tully and Arn were at a level above them.

Guest EastCoastJ

I just found your board, hopefully I am eligable to vote.

I would go with Arn and Tully by a small but comfortable margin. The Heavenly Bodies were amongst the hottest acts of their time and were probably the biggest draw in the history of Smokey Mountain Wrestling, a company that drew some impressive crowds. If the Stan Lane/Tom Prichard version of the team would have lasted a little longer and made it into the WWF, this would have been a tough choice. Honestly, I never really cared for Jimmy Del Ray and always considered him to be the weak link pulling down a strong core of Cornette and Prichard in the WWF. I loved the Heavenly Bodies, but Arn and Tully were just too good. They were better in the ring and made a bigger impact nationally, particularly in the WWF where they were one of the very few acts of the period to get over not based on gimmick, but ability.