Pro Wrestling Only

The Brad and Chad Show Episode 1: A Flair for the Pod

soup23

http://placetobenation.com/the-brad-and-ch...ir-for-the-pod/

The inaugural edition of Chad and Brad(bradhindsight) is upon us. Brad and Chad plan this to be a general pop culture podcast featuring a variety of topics and guests.

00:00:00 – 00:07:45 – Introductions to the podcast and how Chad and Brad met

00:07:46 -00:10:45 – Placetobenation.com rundown with Justin Rozzero

00:10:46 – 00:17:42 – Constructive Criticism on a recent topic/person in the place to be nation universe (Josh Richer is your week 1 winner)

00:17:43 – 00:21:18 – Ad Break

00:21:19 – 01:08:03 – Wrestling and baseball discussion including the following topics.

- How much groupthink persists on the greatest wrestlers and matches of all time.

- Comparing retrospective with live watching of wrestling

- Overall thoughts on Shawn Michaels and Randy Savage as workers

- Comprising a pyramid wrestler list to rank the greatest of all time

- PWI 500 2013 discussion and rankings

Baseball discussion begins at 01:02:22

- Brad’s thoughts on the Phillies front office changes

- Chad’s thoughts on the Braves and Nationals

Newsroom wrestling and Batman casting bits: 01:08:04 – 01:15:59

Urban legend handicapping – 01:16:00 – 01:32:50

Going through the first 5 entries in the indy sleaze thread and discussing their validity

Note: This being PROWRESTLINGONLY, I will only be making a separate thread for predominately wrestling related podcasts to try to generate some discussion from those shows. Any additional podcasts dealing with any other facets of pop culture will be posted in the placetobenation.com thread.

Thought I'd paste my comments here too because some of the guys here shouldn't skip on the wrestling content of this show, it's an interesting debate.

Only about 40 mins into this so far but it's a ton of fun. Love the Morning Radio Show feel and things seems like it could go on to be the PTBN community pod. Just a few points:

- I laughed out loud at Justin's sweatshop line.

- Find the idea of Brad as a kind of blank slate pretty interesting. Know exactly what Chad means about giving someone who is shitty like Bravo a break, just because of the familiarity factor.

- When Chad said that he's a "list guy", that was amusing to me because for years in a different social group I was known as THE list guy. Ironically, I find it hard these days to come up with lists, especially for wrestling because I have this overwhelming feeling of the stuff I haven't seen. I can't make a call on Rose or Lawler and so my list is incomplete. You know what I mean?

- When Chad said that he's a "list guy", that was amusing to me because for years in a different social group I was known as THE list guy. Ironically, I find it hard these days to come up with lists, especially for wrestling because I have this overwhelming feeling of the stuff I haven't seen. I can't make a call on Rose or Lawler and so my list is incomplete. You know what I mean?

I agree with this as I have came down on my opinions a lot in the past 2-3 years. Right after I became an IWC individual and watched the heralded All Japan stuff, it is likely that I would have boasted something along the lines that Misawa and Jumbo are the two GOAT's and everyone else is just fighting for third place. Now, after all the stuff I have watched since 2011 starting with competing in Ditch's 2004 puroresu poll, I lean towards prefacing stuff by saying, "Of what I have seen" or "perhaps Bock and Dandy could be as good as Jumbo/Misawa."