Pro Wrestling Only

Will Eddie Guerrero ever be wwe champion again?

Guest Steffie

Guest Steffie

I loved Eddie as a champion and I was realy disapionted when he lost to JBL. I think that he may not get another run with that title for a long time. I realy hope im wrong because given the time Eddie could be a fantastic WWE champion. There is no doubt that Eddie deserves another shot at the title, he is one of the best and most loved workers i the bussines today. Do you think they'll give the belt to Eddie again?

Guest Some Guy

I seriously doubt he'll ever get another title reign or if he does it will be a short transitional reign. He is the reason they took the belt off of him. He couldn't handle the presure of the the company being on his back and with business down it was even harder on him. He started to crack so they put the belt on JBL. It was probably a good thing for Eddy in the long run anyway. The guy is an admitted recovered drug addict, having that type of stress on you can cause a relaspe. It's really too bad that he couldn't handle it, he is a great talent. I think LBL got the tun because other than Taker there was no one else around. Brock had left, Cena wasn't ready, Angle is always injured, they treat Booker like he's a joke, etc...

Guest Cam Chaos

No. He lashed out at fans, drove himself to the point of physical exhaustion, ignored advice because he felt he had to perform his duties as a champ and in the end only showed the WWE he took the role far too seriously as the belt became a burden he had to bear rather than a ball he was running with. When your champ writes off a rental car because he falls asleep at the wheel, it doesn't really suggest that he is coping well with what is being asked of him.

I think it would be worth it to see if Eddy can handle things better the second time around, with the idea that you have someone in waiting in case you need to get the belt off of him quickly. He's the most over guy on the roster and the best worker, so it only makes sense that he be champ if he can handle the pressure.

Guest The Metal Maniac

That would be a good idea.

Set up a scenario where Eddie would really just be a transitional champion, but drag it out to see if he can handle it. The second it looks like he can't, switch the belt.

It makes me sad that Eddie cracked, because the guy was a pretty awesome champ. I always held out hope that he'd eventually be the one to dethrone JBL, but alas...

To be completely honest, I didn't think he would ever win it. Of course, he did. However, I don't think he'll get it back. Not because of how he handled himself when he had the title, but just because of how Vince and WWE seem to be.

I mean, c'mon, look how long Bradshaw has had the title for.

Guest Cam Chaos

Vince apparently likes Bradshaw because he sees himself in him (self made millionaire, stock market player, charismatic, has shown perserverance etc) and also because he has shown company loyalty even when it has been retarded to do so (supporting the idea of squashing WCW). This may explain why Vince has kept the belt on him even though business has declined while he has held the belt. He has more faith in him than he has personal financial sense, I guess.

JBL is still champ almost entirely due to the fact that Vince patterned his gimmick on himself and is a huge mark for the character.

Now that Vince has turned himself into a virtual paraplegic for the forseeable future, I'd wager he's living vicarously through JBL even more.