Pro Wrestling Only

[2006-08-13-TNA-Hard Justice] LAX (Homicide & Hernandez) vs Christopher Daniels & A.J. Styles

Loss

• 2 years later...

Hard Justice 2006

Tag Titles Match
AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels vs. LAX
I hated this match from almost the very beginning. There were numerous visible botches as mentioned by Bryan & Vinny. I don't know if Styles & Daniels should be blamed since they're the most complete performers, Hernandez should be blamed for being so green, or perhaps even Homicide, who I've heard conflicting things about in terms of how he works from a wrestler's perspective.
There was so much mistiming in this match, and it looked to finally be saved during the dives at the end of the second act. But then the third act, on a live globally broadcasted PPV mind you, became nothing more than an indyriffic spotfest. There was no attempt to maintain tag legalities, making the earlier parts when there was a buildup to a hot tag a complete waste of time. I am not going to shrug this off, for it's not like this was as crisp as Styles & Matt Sydal vs. Austin Aries & Jack Evans, or Aries & Roderick Strong vs. CIMA & Naruki Doi.
This was a bad match that if I was a trainer, I'd show to students on what not to do. Botches, mistiming, a green worker being exposed, and a third act that became nothing more than a scramble spofest, completely degrading the one substantial portion that took place earlier in the match. Fuck this match, and I am not exactly thrilled to revisit the in-ring portion of this feud right now.

• GSR changed the title to [2006-08-13-TNA-Hard Justice] LAX (Homicide & Hernandez) vs Christopher Daniels & A.J. Styles
  • 5 months later...

I didn't think this was as bad as the original poster, but it wasn't great. Why the fork and the other objects were hidden in a presumably no rules cage match was dumb (and then ignored later when the babyface use them). The overall work is reasonably entertaining, but the big spot section at the end felt lacking in creativity. Not terribly painful to watch, but not recommended at all.