Pro Wrestling Only

[2009-11-28-Dragon Gate USA] Dragon Kid & Shingo vs Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino

Loss

• GSR changed the title to [2009-11-28-Dragon Gate USA] Dragon Kid & Shingo vs Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino
  • 5 years later...

I thought this was going to a very good but by the numbers tag match. I'm pretty familiar with the Speed Muscle tag spots just like I'm familiar with the Young Bucks'spots. They are still impressive and exciting but I know'em when I see 'em. What keeps this fresh is Shingo & Kid screwing with those spots...cutting them off, countering etc. One I really dug was seeing Shingo absorb Doi's rapid fire slaps and firing back with a stiff punch to the jaw. I haven't seen anyone do that... it's simple but surprising. In addition to that we get great escalated spots where moves normally done are now done off the turn buckle, off the ropes etc. They were a little slow going in the beginning and I think it was to make this longer (it's almost 20 minutes) but when they got cooking, there was no stopping them. I would say this was a near classic DG tag match.